Friday, March 26, 2010

Time Flies--my thoughts and musings on friday afternoon...

How is it possible that I've not posted in 10 months!

Blogging is something that I enjoy doing, but don't seem to have the proper time set aside to do it. It's like journaling. I always feel better when I do it, but I don't do it.

When I got pregnant, with a gift card from my fabulous friend, Nellie Thompson, I bought a beautiful leather bound journal to keep track of all the day to day things that would happen during my pregnancy. Instead, I've kept notes from doula interviews and for doctor visits in it. It's a start, i guess, but I've only written one journal entry.

I am now, thankfully, 6 mos. pregnant. Happy as a clam about it, although being pregnant is truly a miserable experience. I know it's for a good cause, but i can't push myself the way I did before being pregnant because it catches up to me far too quickly.

Also, picture taking. I think we have exactly three pictures of the pregnant belly and none of my wonderful hubby, Sid, and I together. I will have to fix that!

I have been convinced by my friend Belinda that I should write the crane story. I'm terrified of creative writing. It seems so, well, so very very lonely.

Since I last wrote, so much has happened. the pregnancy, two movies that I produced have been released, we got another dog, so we now have two furry children.

I'm pleased that some kind of health insurance reform has passed. Although, I must say, I HATE that people call it healthcare reform, it's not. It's a bill that deals with health insurance, not true health care! I don't think the bill passes is the greatest bill, but it's a first step in a long road to figuring out what's right.

Sid and I will be (thanks to Sid's diligence) on a show during sweeps week. It's called THE DOCTORS. He had to wear a empathy pregnant belly. It was awesome! I'll let you know when the show airs.

I'm still upset at the Supreme Court for basically handing over elections to Corporate entities. I printed out and started reading teh 183 page opinion. Had to put it down and haven't gone back to it yet, but I will. There will probably be some blogs about that once I get through it.

So, my goal here is to post a blog once a week...when I sloughed off last time, Mr. Hanner reminded me that I was a slacker. I am emploring you all to do the same.

much to catch up on, many things to muse about and many thoughts to have. If there is a particular topic that you think I should blog on, let me know.

1 comment: